Only graduates of the two year postgraduate program can attend the supervisory level.
The supervisory level examines the theoretical and applied aspects of clinical supervision and the counseling learning process, with a focus on the concepts, problems, and strategies of applied clinical supervision and its delivery.
As a result of completing the supervision level, students will be able to demonstrate leadership qualities both as a supervisor and as a counselor. Students will gain knowledge of and experience in working with concepts and processes that are essential in teaching those seeking to learn about counseling.
You can see the schedule on the CURRICULUM PLAN page.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDY IN THE PROGRAM:
- completion of the two year postgraduate program
- completion of an interview
- completion of a degree in psychology (or to be a student of psychology program in the last year of study)
- respect for Christian worldview and values*
* Contact the coordinator if you have any questions about this condition.
PACKAGE OF DOCUMENTS for study on the program:
-a diploma and transcript from higher psychological education (and their photocopies). For students of the last year it is enough to have a document confirming the study in the university;
- health certificate form 086-U;
- completed online application form by May 1;
- prepayment receipt.
* Scanned copies of diplomas and a payment receipt are attached when filling out the online application form.
Prepayment of 1000 UAH ($38 USD) due May 15, 2020
The rest of the amount is paid on the first day of study.
The program requires the completion of two 10-day modules (in May 2020 and 2021) and four 5-day modules (in October 2020 and 2021, March 2021 and 2022).
After each module, students will receive theoretical and practical homework to be submitted to the teaching department.
During September 2020 – April 2022 (except summer months), compulsory practice will be conducted under the supervision of qualified supervisors. That is, the training is accompanied by individual supervision, which will discuss the specific cases that students have encountered in practice, and their use of the skills and methods of psychological care they have learned.
- 140 hours of direct contact with clients per year, under the supervision of qualified specialists (280 hours in total for the course of study);
- 210 hours of indirect contact per year (420 hours in total per course)
- supervision in threes with a mentor on-line, 1.5 hours every week from September 1, 2020 to May 1, 2022;
- group supervision with a teacher on-line with a study of ICD-10,1.5 hours every week from October 1, 2020 to May 1, 2022;
Supervisors are also under the supervision of supervisors - group supervision of mentors (1.5 hours every 2 weeks).
The program is non-profit. The cost of training, taking into account the flight and stay of US specialists in Ukraine, is more than 238 500 UAH ($ 9,000). Three quarters of the cost of training is covered by contributions from the American side.
The number of seats at reduced cost is limited to 20 people.
The cost of the program is 64 200 UAH ($2,423 USD) for 2 years. The tuition fee is fixed in the contract and does not change during the training.
The price includes:
The price includes:
- training in a program taught by American teachers for two years
- translation work during modules
- online supervision with a Ukrainian psychologist in triads for two years
- online supervision with an American psychologist in small groups for two years
- coordinator support
- Internship at the Open Doors Center (customer support for counseling practice)
- translation of materials and printed teaching materials
- Certificate from Regent University, USA and the Open Doors Center.
Trainings take place both at the Center (Metro: Svyatoshin, Nyvky) and in Pushcha Voditsa. In case of training in Pushcha Voditsia, there is an option to stay in a hostel on site for an additional fee. In the case of Center-based training, a selection of facilities will be provided from which you can conveniently get to your place of study. Contact the Center to reserve your place of residence for the period of time you need.
The cost of studying for a similar program at Regent University in America (https://www.regent.edu/programs/academic-degrees/psychology-counseling/) is almost $ 30,000 USD (the cost of one module is $ 2,400).
We teach and supervise the practice of Ukrainian specialists, who assist those who need psychological help qualitatively, responsibly and on the basis of scientifically proven methods.
Upon completion of the basic requirements of the two-year program, graduates will be able to apply knowledge of recent research and use the appropriate clinical skills from individual and group psychological counseling in clinical practice.
If desired and pending the completion of an interview, graduates have the opportunity to continue their studies at the supervisory and / or teaching levels and to participate in the project as supervisor and / or teacher.
Recipient: Center for Psychological Counseling and Trauma Therapy "Open Doors" Ltd.
Checking account: UA373005280000026005455057520
Bank of the recipient: OTP Bank JSC
MFI Bank: 300528
Purpose of payment: Payment for educational services.
Please, save a payment receipt to show on the first day of study, if necessary.