The specialization "Trauma Therapy" consists of Trauma Module 1 and Trauma Module 2.
You can familiarize yourself with the course schedule in the section CURRICULUM PLAN.
Trauma Module 1 - has a general educational character and anyone can go through it:
psychologists, chaplains, volunteers, activists, social workers, teachers, priests, church ministers, as well as everyone for whom the topic of psychotrauma is relevant.
During courses, students will receive basic knowledge of trauma therapy, learn to
provide psychological first aid, receive skills assisting a client with death and loss, and learn to manage compassion fatigue.
The term of study - 5 days within one week in March 3-7, 2020.
After graduating the training, participants receive a certificate.
To study in Trauma Module 1, it is not necessary to have a higher psychological education.
The cost of studying in Trauma Module 1 is 4000 UAH ($150 USD).
Mandatory payment of 1000 UA ($38 USD) before March 1, 2020. Details are listed below.
To participate in Trauma Module 1 training by March 1, 2020, please fill out the online application form.
Number of seats is limited.
Continuation of training in the program "Trauma Therapy" is possible only for specialists with higher psychological education after passing Trauma Module 1.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION to Trauma Module 2:
- Completion of the courses in Trauma Module 1
- higher education in the psychology field (the opportunity to study in the program is also open for students of psychological specialties in the last year of study)
- respect for Christian worldview and values*
* Contact the program coordinator if you have any questions about this requirement.
DOCUMENT PACKET for admission to Trauma Module 2:
-a diploma and transcript from higher psychological education (and their photocopies). For students of the last year it is enough to have a document confirming the study in the university;
- health certificate form 086-U;
- completed online application form by May 1;
- prepayment receipt.
* Scanned copies of diplomas and a payment receipt are attached when filling out an online application form.
Prepayment in the amount of 1000 UAH ($38 USD) must be submitted by April 1, 2020
The remaining amount is paid on the first day of classes.
Trauma Module 2 is conducted through in-person sessions over the course of two 10-day modules (in May 2020and 2021) and four 5-day modules (in October 2020 and 2021, March 2021 and 2022).
After each module, students receive a theoretical and practical homework that they need to send to the program administration department when completed.
During September 2020- April 2022, mandatory clinical practice is conducted under the supervision of qualified supervisors.
That is, the teaching is accompanied by individual mentoring sessions (supervision), during which a supervisor will discuss the specific cases students encounter in practice, and the employment of skills and methods they learn in course sessions.
- 140 hours per year of direct contact with clients under the supervision of qualified specialists (280 hours in total for the course);
- 210 hours per year of indirect contact (420 hours in total for the course);
- on-line supervision in triplets - 1.5 hours a week from September 1, 2020 to May 1, 2022;
- on-line group supervision with the study of MKH-10 - 1.5 hours a week from October 1, 2020 to May 1, 2022;
- Supervisors are also under the supervision of supervisors - supervision of supervisors group (1.5 hours every 2 weeks).
The program is non-profit. The cost of training, taking into account the flight and stay of US specialists in Ukraine, is more than 238 500 UAH ($ 9,000). Three quarters of the cost of training is covered by contributions from the American side.
The number of seats at reduced cost is limited to 20 people.
The cost of training in the program is 64 200 UAH ($2,423 USD) for 2 years.
The price includes:
- training in a program taught by American teachers for two years
- translation work during modules
- online supervision with a Ukrainian psychologist in triads for two years
- coordinator support
- Internship at the Open Doors Center (customer support for counseling practice)
- translation of materials and printed teaching materials
- Certificate from Regent University, USA and the Open Doors Center
Trainings take place both at the Center (Metro: Svyatoshin, Nyvky) and in Pushcha Voditsa. In case of training in Pushcha Voditsia, there is an option to stay in a hostel on site for an additional fee. In the case of Center-based training, a selection of facilities will be provided from which you can conveniently get to your place of study. Contact the Center to reserve your place of residence for the period of time you need.
The cost of studying for a similar program at Regent University in America (https://www.regent.edu/programs/academic-degrees/psychology-counseling/) is almost $ 30,000 USD (the cost of one module is $ 2,400).
We teach and supervise the practice of Ukrainian specialists, who assist those who need psychological help qualitatively, responsibly and on the basis of scientifically proven methods.
Upon completion of the basic requirements of the two-year program, graduates will be able to apply knowledge of recent research and use the appropriate clinical skills from individual and group psychological counseling in clinical practice.
If desired and pending the completion of an interview, graduates have the opportunity to continue their studies at the supervisory and / or teaching levels and to participate in the project as supervisor and / or teacher.
Recipient: Center for Psychological Counseling and Trauma Therapy "Open Doors" Ltd.
Checking account: UA373005280000026005455057520
Bank of the recipient: OTP Bank JSC
MFI Bank: 300528
Purpose of payment: Payment for educational services.
Please, save a payment receipt to show on the first day of study, if necessary